Pages

Thursday 27 October 2011

Al Aseel @ Greenacre

1 Comments

There is an awesome lebanese restaurant in the heart of Greenacre with the name of Al Aseel. My brother first took me to this place a few years back, and ever since it is one of my favourite restaurants. It may not be considered fine dining and fancy, but its cosy and filling and definitely has good food!

I love lebanese styled meats, the charcoal and chargrilled flavour excites me. You know Al Aseel is a good Lebanese restaurant when you actually see other Lebanese eat there, along with all different races. I also have a friend who is Lebanese and she loves this restaurant and says that is similar to what she has at home, so that is definitely a positive sign.

The quality of the photos aren't that great because I was using my phone, my apologies.


Small Fatoush!

Fatoush is one of my favourite types of salad. It contains chopped up lettuce, cucumber, radish, tomato and crispy pieces of Lebanese bread. The main component of the salad dressing is balsamic vinegar. The salad is refreshing, and the Lebanese bread adds a great crunch to the salad. I could eat this salad with anything and be happy for days on end. I have no words to describe a fatoush, just try it and you will not be disappointed (well I hope not).

Small mixed platter

The mixed platter was composed of 2 skewers of kofta (lamb), chicken and beef with a side of garlic sauce (you can not eat chargrilled/charcoaled meat without garlic sauce). If you have never eaten this style of Lebanese food before, here is the process of what to do:
Step 1: Spread some garlic sauce on Lebanese bread
Step 2: Fill the inside with meat and sides (I usually put salad, pickled vegetables and chips)
Step 3: Wrap and eat!
Al Aseel is a great place to eat with a bunch of friends or family and has a wonderful atmosphere. The restaurant can get quite busy, so if you are with a big group I would advise to make a reservation or get there early before the dinner rush (I have never eaten lunch there so I am not sure how busy it can get during the day). I went with my brother, so getting a table for 2 was easy when we walked in to eat. 

Good food, good times!