Pages

Sunday 24 June 2012

Mario Tokyo @ Strathfield

3 Comments


Sitting at home, with a couple of friends trying to figure out where to eat. Then, I remembered a post on Grab Your Fork, about Mario Tokyo and how the image of the honey bread looked so delicious, so off we went to Mario Tokyo for dinner. I figured that Mario was the cartoon with the chefs hat, and Tokyo as kind of dinosaur thing? Either way, the cartoons are cute and reoccur throughout the restaurant decor.

There is something with Korean restaurants and there love for pickled vegetables. So voila, a side of picked vegetables were provided.


Mushroom Risotto

Spicy Pizza

Supreme Pizza
The main foods were pretty standard. The mushroom risotto was cooked surprisingly well, not sure what the point in the tomato was though. The spicy pizza, was too spicy for me (due to the jalapenos), I think I am being a bit ambitious these days to the level of spice I can actually handle. The supreme pizza had a bit of everything, the main reason this  caught my eye was the idea of wedges on a pizza, but to my disappointed there weren't as many and they weren't as big as those in Grab Your Fork post.
Chocolate truffles
Now to dessert. Originally honey bread was not on the menu, but I showed them the photo from Grab Your Fork, which the waitress then said that they no longer made the dessert. A few moments later the waitress came back and said 'the chef can make it for you, would you still like it?', with all the excitement in me, I straight away said 'yes!'. While watching the chef make it, the other workers were watching with such intense to figure out how it is made. I was asked if I wanted ice cream, and which flavoured sauce I wanted. During the time of waiting, we were also provided some complementary chocolate truffles.

Alas, the dessert finally came out and how wonderful it was. In between layers of sliced bread lied some butter and honey, on top was vanilla ice-cream, banana, whipped cream, oranges and chocolate sauce. The bread were compacted perfectly ,and toasted perfectly using the pizza oven. The orange segments were the best oranges I have ever tasted, with a perfect balance between sweet and sour. This dessert was lip licking good. I am so glad that they were still able to make it for us.


Good food, good times!

3 comments:

Helen (Grab Your Fork) 25 June 2012 at 00:41

That's awesome they made the honey bread especially for you. A shame they removed it from the menu though!

spoonfulsofgoodness 25 June 2012 at 18:13

Yeh, it was pretty cool that they did that! Maybe they will bring it back to the menu.

Anonymous 5 July 2012 at 20:27

the bread dessert!! i thought it was only available at zen Q. good to know its in strathfield :)

Post a Comment