Pages

Thursday 14 March 2013

Al Aseel @ Greenacre

1 Comments

Coming from the west, there is a little part of us that love a good Lebanese feed. My favourite place to hit is Al Aseel.  Al Aseel continues to expand with restaurants now  open in Burwood, Surry Hills, Newtown and Lakemba. The Greenacre restaurant moved to a few shops down where it is now renovated and gives the vibe of a fine dining experience, without the price tag. All the servings are generous, and will definitely fill up the stomachs of all those hungry mouths. This dining experience was with 7 people, and ended up being $20 each! 

Lemon & lime drink

A classic drink that is usually served at a lot of mediterranean restaurants. It is a mixture of lemon, lime and soft drink. In this case, it was a bit more like soft drink, as other times it has a strong lime and mint taste.


Al Aseel Fattoush

Fattoush is one of my favourite salads. All the fresh ingredients of cucumber, radish, onion, parsley and mint. The best part of the salad are the toasted crunchy pieces of lebanese bread that are placed on top and through the salad. The dressing is made using sumac (a spice) but in some cases pomegranate molasses which reminds me of a sweeter balsamic vinegar.


Al Aseel tabouli

You can't go to a lebanese restaurant and not order tabouli. I normally don't like tabouli, but this may be the first time where I was able to consume a lot of it.


Hommus and pickled vegetables

I generally pass on the pickled vegetables, and I used to pass on the hommus. But, I am now in love with hommus. All of those chick peas made into a paste/sauce, I was eating it by the spoonful. I was dipping my hot chips in the hommus as if it was gravy haha.


Good ole hot chips and tomato sauce 

The chips were a perfect side to the meal, where we ordered 3 bowls, and they all vanished.


Mixed plate

Most of the meat plates comes with extra sides. These sides include a salad, falafel, garlic sauce (mmmm garlic sauce), babaganoush and hommus. They kind of mixed up this mixed plate when they put 2 chicken skewers instead of one chicken, one beef and one lamb.


Lemon and herb chicken plate

This was the first time trying the lemon and herb chicken and it was extremely tasty. The chicken was smothered in a delicious sauce. My friend found the sauce so nice, that they were literally wiping the sauce away with the lebanese bread.


Mixed skewers platter 

The mixed skewers plate provided 2 skewers of lamb (kofta), chicken and beef, and of course garlic sauce. All the meats are juicy, including the chicken (but there are some moments they can be dry).

I have been to Al Aseel my handful of times, and I am consistently presented with great quality food. I admit, the service can have its highs and lows, but the food doesn't disappoint.

Good food, good times!

1 comments:

Anonymous 14 March 2013 at 20:41

Great review. I havent been there since they renovated and now im craving yum! Love farah x

Post a Comment