Pages

Tuesday 19 March 2013

Petaling Street Malaysian Hawker Food @ Haymarket

3 Comments

Malaysian is slowly making its way up in all dining experiences, in terms of popularity. Mamak in Haymarket, continues to have long lines but new restaurants are slowly emerging. Petaling Street tries to provide a first hand experience of Malaysian street food. I first tried Petaling Street with my family a few months ago, where we ordered enough just to knock us off the edge and waddle out of the store. This time around, I was having lunch with a friend, and made sure I didn't make the same mistake of over ordering. The main dishes range from $9-20, which I think it very reasonable!

Rose water based drink

What a lovely coloured drink, and extremely refreshing! The combination of rose water, grenadine, water and lime. I forgot the name of the drink, but I know it is a speciality at the restaurant! I just googled the names of the drinks that were on the menu and went with the one that sounded the most irresistible. Similar to an ice tea, but not as sweet. Perfect for a hot summers day or night.

Hainanese Chicken with rice and soup

A classic Malaysian dish that does not go wrong. The chicken was cooked perfectly and dressed with a soy based sauce. There was a side of cucumber, and two sauces which accompanied the chicken and rice perfectly. The soup that accompanied the dish had a strong flavour of onion, which was way too overwhelming for my liking.

Malaysian style crispy chicken and noodles

We all love crispy chicken, and the Malaysian style wasn't any different, where it still had a crispy skin. The noodles were stir fried with a brown sauce. The serving size was huge! Should definitely fill up anyone who is super hungry.

I have yet had the chance to go to Malaysia, but if the food is as good as Petaling St, then I am pretty sure I would be on a non-stop eating adventure of the streets of Malaysia.

Good food, good times!

3 comments:

taydoez 7 July 2022 at 13:30

replica bags nancy useful source q4x66k0f48 replica bags from korea replica bags online shopping india gucci replica handbags r3t98w3p61 replica bags china free shipping Full Report f2l88u5x97 luxury replica bags replica bags online shopping india

Post a Comment